Swimming, swilling and stinking

Another swim, and today with a bit more energy. I love the virtuous glow I get afterwards. And it is a great way of earthing the non-specific anxiety which is still plaguing me.

Another way of course is to go out with some of your mates. Newish work chum Hannah had a birthday drinks session today, with lots of work people going. I spent the evening being talked to earnestly by women, which of course I enjoyed tremendously. Two wanted to confide their dark secrets of childhood horrors. The thing is neither of the stories sound that bad to me, but I suppose that's not the point really.

I also met a nice new guy from New York, who said he found the agency culture in London no different to that in NY.

Made the schoolboy error of hanging around too late, and so didn't reach Brighton till 1:30.

Recent tube horror from Wednesday night before I went to see Mad Dog: got on the tube and there was an appalling whiff of somebody with diabolical body odour. In the crush it was impossible to tell where it was coming from.

The tube pulled into a station and quite a few people got out. Those remaining spread out, and I think I must have been in the place where the smelly person was, just as this was registering with me a very richly dressed woman got on. Suddenly she appeared stunned, looked at me accusingly and made a terrible gagging sound. Then she stood with her back to me by the door literally holding her nose. Must be a terrible thing if you really do smell bad.

Comments