A variety of pies

After treating my home like a hotel all week started cleaning up this morning. Amazing how much stuff needs to be done after five days.

Decided to make my missions today small and accomplishable. For example, I decided to make a pie. I've not made one for ages. Off into Brighton to get a rolling pin, and a pie tin. Ages since I made pastry. I made a "layer pie", which Mum used to make for us when we were kids. It's a pie (concentrate now) with onion and whisked eggs layered in with pork luncheon meat -- and is curiously tasty. Put in a few tiny bits of chili too to make the eggs slightly huevos rancheros style. Had some this afternoon and it was surprisingly good. It is one of those pies which is better cold.

In the evening went up to see Anna and Anton. Anna out to a mother and baby market event she'd organised for the charity. We sat about while Anton did things in his kitchen domain, and I spooned more food into Oskar.

Anton making pizza pies (with the right kind of tomatoes). Later Klaudia helped to make the pizza base, throwing the dough about with her little hands with surprising panache. She gradually got covered in clouds of flour and she even had perfect flour footprints on the soles of her feet.

She is a funny thing too. She started a game which involved pointing at each other and saying Yuk! disgustedly. This went on for quite a while and caused her great laughter.

Below a rainbow I glimpsed from my study window this afternoon.

Comments