Nearly human

Toby sent me this link to the wonderful Marvin Gaye singing The star spangled banner. Oddly affecting. Also was sent the interesting picture below by Amitabh Mitra, which is based on a photo posted here on 1st November. Amitabh says it is a big watercolour, floated in two sheets of glass, and that he is exhibiting later this month in South Africa.

Much more relaxed and cheerful today. Almost like a proper person. The Gnome stern this afternoon and forcing me to focus on the next pitch. Good job too, as I had a stunningly good idea. Enjoyed the rare feeling of a wave of big and cleverness washing over me. Moments like that make all the agency absurdities feel momentarily worthwhile.

Had a swim at lunchtime. Still far from fit at the moment, and I need to sort out a bout of badly bleeding gums. Processing thorny emotional stuff while swimming up and down.

After work off to see a friend, who is now 8 months pregnant. Unfortunately she has recently broken up from her partner of 17 years standing, and the father of the baby. Not much I could say or do, apart from listen.

Selfishly after a couple of hours I became very tired, and eventually had to beat an early exit back to Brighton.

Comments