A day stolen from Summer

Trace came down to Brighton today, and we spent the day walking about in the unnaturally perfect day. The sky utterly cloudless and blue, the light bright and perfect.

We went onto the Pier and went on the Ghost Train, which was feeble but funny: banging into small chambers full of screaming plastic monsters and so on. Then another go on the bumper cars, and then on the horses of the merry-go-round. I have been feeling a bit queasy for the last couple of days, and the rides were making me feel like doing a Linda Blair from the Exorcist. Trace also went on a twisting evil thing too, which I declined. Having worked up an appetite this way we went back into town and sat outside (!) for lunch.

Then a long walk down by the sea, Trace eating eating handfuls of fudge and a hot doughnut. I took lots of photos because of the beauty of the light. Eventually, as the sun set beautifully, we went back into town and went to The Mock Turtle for a cream tea, and a piece of Welsh Rabbit.

Trace then back to London, and I spent a quiet night at home drinking tea.






Comments

Kate said…
Nice snaps. I love the light at this time of year. It's good hair weather too (ask any chick, she'll know what I mean).
claire said…
I echo my sis! Love the sunset and the Pier. Certainly looks like good hair weather...not too much wind, and no rain.
Peter Kenny said…
But I don't know what you mean... my hair weather friends.
Kate said…
No humidity in the air - lovely shiny tresses with no frizz. Simple.
claire said…
A day where we can look like we just stepped out of a salon, infact! (As opposed to a scarecrow.)
Peter Kenny said…
Crikey, you learn something new every day.