Paddington again today went for in seach of magic at lunchtime armed with my camera. Walked through some back streets, through a few Mews and ended up in Hyde Park where I found a golden bouquet of artificial roses poking up from the grass. If you look for strange stuff, it's abundantly there.

Began reading my old personal tutor Martin Warner's paper Philosophy & Literature: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow on the train. It was sent with a letter from him to the alumni that attended his bash last year, and another asking for money for future Phil Lit students. (One of the things about being a philosopher is that when you are broke and can't find work and nobody wants to employ you, at least you have the training to stoke your chin and say, well... that's life.) Martin's essay starts with a quotation from Lamia by John Keats on it which I enjoyed incanting to the Gnome...

Philosophy will clip an Angels' wings
Conquer all mysteries by rule and line,
Empty the haunted air and gnomed mine--
Unweave a rainbow.

Actually The Gnome was a mine of information today, and we had a business brainwave this afternoon, in a hiatus from doing the execrable stuff.

Got home and packed my case, which is normally done at 1.00am the day before I fly or 5.00am in the morning. I am a reformed character.

Spoke to my beloved MJ, and then called Anton.

Anton and me had a cheeky pint of Harveys in the Battle of Trafalgar at 10pm, followed by a nice cup of tea at my place. Gave him the wonderful The box of delights to read by John Masefield as he was seeking a reading book, by variation to listening to the entirety of the Lord of the Rings on his iPod.

New craze has begun... Bored with cameras now, he has been looking into the paraphernalia associated with walking. Hard shells, soft shells, layers, maps etc. He is a bit bitter however about having boots which are excellent, so they don't need to be upgraded.

Later discovered that Anton had emailed me complaining about having the least descriptive cast description on this blog.

Comments