Valentine's day and my beloved 3.5 thousand miles away. What is to be done?

My cunning plan was to fly into towering rages at work, and run about like a blue arsed fly with ADD, until I felt like scooping my own eyes out with plastic coffee spoons. This culminated in a massive tourette's outburst and tantrum. I looked at my watch and it was only 11 o'clock. Things went downhill from there.

Cleverly I broke away for a swim at lunchtime to try and rid myself of stress and anger. But I'd left both my two sets of goggles in my desk, which gave me bloodshot, child-scaring eyes for the rest of the day.

After working late, I left and encountered one of the bald blokes sitting alone staring hard at a pint with teary eyes. Turned out he had broken up from his girlfriend two days ago. So I had a mournful bottle of corona with him. There's not much to be said really.

Home and much nicer things started happening. Spoke to MJ who was in the new flat, and she and the bairns were sounding very happy. MJ also sent me another lovely poem by William Carlos Williams, and other messages of a romantic nature.

Email with Romy today about places to stay in Guernsey. I spoke to Toby last night too, he was sounding very cheery, which was nice to hear.

Finally, had a nice note from Badgerdaddy, attached to yesterday's note. He has an interesting and funny blog. I'm adding him to my links on the right...

Comments