Fighting off a cold today. First to the bank then more writing about chronic pain, and working on a pitch which will necessitate a trip up north this Friday. Braindead this afternoon, fortunately the idea I had at 5 in the morning last week seems to be the foundation of what we are going in with, so I still have a patina of big and cleverness.

Quick stride along the river for lunch. Quick chat to MJ who was taking the children in late due to the heavy snowfall in the North Eastern US. Few strange little snaps with my camera, and then back to work. Evening spent reading more of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell, and listening to Brian Eno's album Neroli, which is 53 minutes of ambient "thinking music". I love the idea of creating an gently stimulating but unobtrusive soundscape, "the edge of music" as the boy Brian describes it in the sleevenotes.







Comments

badgerdaddy said…
Liking your blog very much! Did you finish Mr Norrell yet? I enjoyed that book a lot, but many people complain about the length. Personally, I think that's one of its strengths...
Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello!
Peter Kenny said…
Cheers badgerdaddy... Really liking your blog too. And thanks for the link. Still slogging at Strange and Norell on the train. I like the way that many of the chapters are so complete in themselves. Blurbs of all kinds talk about books sustaining an imaginative world, but this is an example where it is really well done. My Mate Anton said it took her 10 years to write it, and I believe him.
badgerdaddy said…
That book cost me a fortune, was looking for something to read in... Think it was St Petersburg airport, and the foreign language books were understandably expensive. Didn't regret buying it for a second though, it's a great book for travelling with.
Thanks for the kind words about my blog, I appreciate it. I can get pretty sweary, and quite bizarre, but I'm loving the blog experience. It's great fun!
And 10 years? Yep, I can well believe it.