Still a bit rough. Stayed at home. Spoke to Anton this morning, and was called by work who said there had been some redundancies but I was okay. Glad I wasn't there today. Slept off and on till noon. Temperature gradually coming down to normal as the day went on.

Spoke to Janet this evening, who has got back from visiting her sister in BC. Arranging to meet up when I am perkier. Also spoke to Mum who pointed out that there was a new moon to be seen today so I should steal out to howl and dance in the approved family tradition. Imagining the resultant Fortean Times article... The Terror of the Twittens

Actually I couldn't see it so walked down to the station craning at the sky till I glimpsed it over the rooftops and thought of my grandmother in the back garden in Guernsey bowing and circling and rattling coins in her cupped palms.

We never stood a chance of turning out normal.

Comments