Went for a walk by the river in my lunch hour. Discovered a memorial to the International Brigade volunteers from Hammersmith and Fulham who died fighting the Fascists in Spain in 1937. Looked quite new, and I wondered how it came to be there. Also saw a mud-covered laptop computer at the edge of the river, which will make a strange fossil one day.

Spoke to MJ on my return to work. She was in the throes of moving out of her house and feeling very upset. In the background was the snarl of a chainsaw chomping through the garden. Wish I could have been there for her.

Work dull and frustrating, and was happy to leave. Once in Brighton walked down to Kemptown where Kate had stayed and collected her phone charger from the hotel. Nice area, and I did some food shopping there and walked back past the Pavilion all lit up through the lanes to my twitten. Ate noodles and watched TV like a zombie before talking to MJ, now at her brother's place, before sloping off to bed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
MJ's new place is crying out for sunflowers in tasteful vase to be delivered. Gold Godiva box would add just the right touch to digs.