Badly organised this morning, talking to my neighbours and deadheading roses before I got on the late train. Had started work early on a poem for work for a cancer pack. But I'm not sure it will be used. Work itself when finally reached quite busy.

Looking at rough edits of the hospital ad and continuing tiresome conversations about it. Looking fairly good though.

Enjoying a Thai lunch at the Ruen Thai near work when young brainiac Hazel got a call from her flatmate that there had been three more bombs. Quite a nervous and sick feeling for a moment, and a gloomy realisation that this would might be a protracted campaign against London.

Everyone hurried back to the office, to the sound of police sirens. It turned out that one of the incidents was at nearby Shepherds Bush.

Mercifully nobody was hurt this time, and the attempts were bungled. Called and missed MJ, who had already phoned me. Spoke to Mason who was worried as Mum and Toby were out and about.

Journey home suprisingly easy and it was lovely to talk to MJ who was pleased that I was okay. I love her, and she loves me and all is well with the world. I am an exceedingly lucky man.

Took a Chinese takaway to Anton's place, as Anna was out. Then watched Anton fetishistically stroke "our" new record cleaning machine after we took it out of its box. Anton airily handed me the instructions to read but naturally I couldn't be bothered. As he couldn't either we put it back in its box.

Watched the first episode of new Gervais comedy called Extras with Anton and Anna but kept falling asleep. Down the hill like a somnambulist.

Comments

Anonymous said…
MJ was not pleased that Peter Kenny had escaped harm, MJ was incredibly relieved and ecstatic. Spent all day at work irrationally worrying that the love of my life was the one person hurt in explosions. I love this man completely!