Terrible attacks on London today, with the death toll standing at 38 dead as I write this, and hundreds injured. As I was on holiday I didn't travel into London as I normally do today. Horrible to hear of such despicable actions in so many familiar places. Obviously this was alarming for everyone, and Weezer phoned us from NY to check Mary Jane and the kids were okay. And we sent emails to reassure the children's father and others too.

Naturally not the kind of experience I would have wished on my visitors. This made worse by the fact that there was a bag left outside Brighton Station. With everyone on high alert a community police officer knocked on the door and told us to stay indoors. The end of the twitten near the Station was cordoned off, and the suitcase was tackled by an army remote control device and later there was a loud bang of a controlled explosion.

After everything settled down we went into Brighton and did some shopping. MJ loving the Lanes and the shops there. Later I prevailed on Anton and Anna to look after Jack and Kate for a couple of hours, allowing MJ and me had a bite to eat in the Tin Drum. Then after collecting the children, home to watch the Futurama DVD Anton had sourced for the children.

Comments