Had to get into work ultra early today. Took Toby Kenny a cup of tea at 7:00 pm shortly before I left, and said a quick and non-drawn-out goodbye as he was flying home to Canada today. Dazed and tired on the early train. Armed police very visible this morning, even in Brighton. Must have seen two dozen policemen at Victoria, as this was a Thursday the day on which the recent bombings and attempted bombings have occurred.

Got a note from Weezer this morning "Hello, Please look at this beautiful face, and tell me that you have the desire to knuckle him in the snout! Louie was very disappointed to hear that you don't like him!" This due to punch a dog day concept. Louie pictured below... I think people must draw their own conclusions. Although Louie is very sweet.

However it is a fact that when I was a child, dogs made my life a misery. For example when I was about seven and innocently walking home from school and a dog put its paws on my shoulders, with its criminal face panting in mine, and did something unspeakable to my socks.

Much slogging again at work with Mike. And running about trying to get stuff ready to send to MJ. One piece of vital information missing, however, just as I thought everything was ready. D'oh.

After work went off with Ash and Phil to meet Paula, Arno, James and Marcella at the Bombay Brasserie to strap on the nosebag. We all used to slave for years on a particularly arduous account together, but it forged some lasting friendships. My lovely MJ called while I was there. After, I was toasted by everyone on my engagement.

Home on the last train, grateful to discover that the Tobster hadn't set anything on fire in my absence.

Comments