Just got back from my lunchtime constitutional by the river. Misty and bright. Feeling intensely cheerful today. I realised that I had been disillusioned. But in the proper sense of having illusions removed, and this has curiously given me a feeling of elation. I have spent the last two years trying to make something work without the genuine support of people about me. I feel like I have had a great weight lifted from me, and now I am free to do other, immensely more rewarding, things.

Am buzzing with ideas today. The Eno book is goading me into thinking again. Today's spontaneous poem:

080205

Unfinished; the sketch I made of you,
lines; adumbrations
you moving too much
changing so much
I suspected you were many people

Or that I'd superimposed
Others on you
Like counters stacking up
On a number on a table
And me hoping, by chance, for a win.

Comments