Valentine's day saw me slug in bed till late. Managed to crawl from my pit at tenish after speaking to a variety of work people. Feeling unwell still.

Had a nice poem sent me by MJ today. I returned the compliment and all is well. Much instant messenger flirting today, which is great fun.

Also spoke to First Matie who was gloomy because Gav was off filming in Thailand and had the temerity to do so on Valentine's day.

Reading Chinese poems with great enjoyment and gave rise to today's random poem.

Also updated my CV.

Feeling very tired which is a pain as I want to keep the momentum up with exercise.

140205/Reply to Su Tung P’o (1036-1101)

Today I found a mirror
inside a book, in a white room,
and in an hour of winter sun,
I imagined the mountains
and the rivers of Wu.

You say office and position
-- remembered power --
mean nothing to you
now that a thousand miles of exile
have turned you to this poetry.

But somehow your indifference
is still to your credit.
For nine hundred years ago
Wise Heaven
did nothing without reason.

Ghost! The politics of Heaven
is still at work, even now
at a computer in an English winter
I imagine the mountains
and the rivers of Wu.

Comments