Anton and Anna have decided to jump on my weight loss bandwagon. Yesterday Anton competitively bought a book called French Women Don't Get Fat and is planning how to gormandise himself to slenderness. We three talked about dieting on Saturday night as we got stuck into fisherman's pie and some fabulous apricot patisserie.

Oddly I have not lost any weight over the last few days.

Shared this news of Anton's new approach with MJ who as a refutation sent me a photo of an unnamed French actress who was clearly no stranger to pies.

MJ asked me what I think will happen when we die. I said that part of me believes in a place inhabited by everyone I have loved. And they will be their perfect selves. And everything will be safe forever. She said she also believed that. If one has to believe something, and of course what happens when you die is unknowable, why not believe something comforting.

John the Plumber finally sorted me out and I have a functioning washing machine now. Have washed industrial amounts of clothes.

Have been quite active anyway over the last two days. Walked over six miles yesterday and today had a bicycle ride for an hour and a half along the sea front. Went to shoreham which was a bit of a dump although the run down dock areas would be good to photograph. Nevertheless it was great to have the sea breeze and a bit of fresh air. When it is sunny you notice the quality of light being different to London.

Comments