Making the connection

Woke with a stinking headache, for the night before I had been out with Bob. Being a fullish moon, it was perhaps inevitable that the Mad Dog should stalk into the Twitten. Discussed many pressing issues such as Bob's spiritual quest, economic glooms, and the ways of Carl Watson. As ever, some time was given to the notion that we were not going to drink too much.

After gulping a groggy cup of tea, he set off. My new computer refused to connect to the Internet, so after two long conversations, and being forced to reassemble my computer downstairs, it was fixed. It was a little after noon. Then a more welcome interruption, as Randolph stopped by, dropping off my tickets for the play.

Then my work with my old agency was confirmed for next week. Annoyingly they are going to tax my fee at source, which adds to my accountancy complexities. But still, I am happy to have the work, perfectly timed, and I will be working with Al who is an old (and cheeky) friend. Best of all, I can do most of it at home.

Finally was working on the Skelton Yawngrave site this afternoon. It will be good - it will have sound file of the book being read, a sales pitch by a skeleton, and sample chapters and synopsis. Plus I have cropped one of Mum's pictures of Skelton, and it looks great.

In the evening tired and delicate. Lorraine came around and we slipped off to get some Chinese food and have a (restrained) beer in the pub next door. The nice lady in the Chinese restaurant bringing our food to us in the pub. It is because Lorraine had been nice to her, she creates a climate sometimes in which people suddenly get really nice. It is interesting to watch.

Comments