Empty

Fourth draft of Skelton Yawngrave done today. Just one last read through, and a couple of last tweaks over the next day or so, then I can stop and farm it out to anybody I can bribe to read it for feedback. Thank God. It has been a slog. But hopefully a worthwhile one. Only time will tell.

It's a psychological thing, but the story has left me feeling completely emptied out. Now I need to get back out into the world, having slogged for months on this thing.

After work down to the sea and along the seafront to Hove walking into the low sun. There was so much smoke from miniature barbecues along the beach that it created a misty haze, in which silhouettes of people looked magical. But curses! No camera. A rendezvous with Lorraine for a short walk, and to blare at her on the pebbles by the sea at high tide. Then she dropped me back home. Feeling headachey and brain dead.

Heard from Carl today and Mindy again, and spoke to Mum. Otherwise quiet. Went to the gym again yesterday, it has been refurbished with a gleaming new row of Hulk legs machines. I shall return tomorrow.

Calliope in my bad books, having chewed through my phone recharger wire. I can only power my phone if I hold the wire at a precise angle.

Below randomly went onto friends reunited today. Someone had uploaded a terrible quality shot of my class at Braintcroft School in Neasden north London in the 60s. I am back row extreme left hand side. Shame about the quality.



Comments

Approveds said…
What year was that, I was there from 1955-1961.