New Year's Eve

Last day of 2023. A grey rainy day in Seaford, matched by a weirdly low mood for me.  However, a cheerful Beth and James called around for a coffee this afternoon, before going off to a party this evening at James's aunt's house. Beth the only person to have noticed that I accidentally shaved two patches from my eyebrows. I had been shaving my beard with my beard shaver a couple of days ago, on number 4. There is a bit under my lip that I take the cut down to number 1. I noticed my eyebrows were getting a bit Leonid Brezhnev and went to shave them, forgetting the number was on 1.  

We had a party go to this evening too at Brian and Yvonne's house. A combined New Years Eve and Birthday, for Brian who was born on the first of January.  Patrick and Adele, and two other couples, Rick and Gabby, and Guy and Barbara. Brian had organised games, a sort of quiz of the year, then a how well do you know your spouses competition, which Lorraine and I won, and went away with a chocolate bar as a prize. Then there was an interlude of karaoke -- and while the idea of singing made my toes curl I succumbed to the inevitable and suavely barked my way through Your Song by Elton John. Lorraine was very cute singing Time After Time. Patrick in his element, suddenly and hilariously becoming a very Irish master of ceremonies. Everyone had a sing of some sort. Then a spot of dancing for a good deal of dancing, and we saw in the New Year and Brian's birthday with some gusto. 

Definitely, one of my favourite NYE's. 

Lorraine had driven us, and chosen not to drink very much, which was great as we were home in minutes. She went straight to bed, but I sat up and had an absolute bloody final beer watching Family Guy. Soon though I crept to bed to snooze with Lorraine, falling asleep in the new year.

Below Brian at the karaoke machine, Patrick in full MC mode, Gabby and Yvonne. Adele and Patrick giving a memorable performance as Renée and Renato with Rick and Gabby in the background.





Comments