A stroll in the puddled forest

Up and breakfasted early, leaving Lorraine in bed and was collected by Brian who drove us off to Friston Forest. A lovely walk, the going soft and puddly, and the chat excellent. Brian stopping and making me look at things, like the colour of leaves under the beech trees. Marley the dog zooming about happily. Then back to Brian and Yvonne's house for a cuppa and to try on their Santa clothes. They want me to go around next week while their grandchildren are there and BE Santa. A man with my years of Santa experience couldn't really say no. 

Then I walked home. A beautiful clear day, and not raining which was rather miraculous. Lorraine off at lunchtime to see Laura, and meet her baby Layla, and then on to hang out with Beth, and help her get her flat ready for the buyers who are coming around again tomorrow.

I simply did some bits of work, billing and so on but wasn't in the mood to apply myself to anything.  I made off to meet Steve and his dutch pal Mike again, for a few drinks at 5:30. We met in the Cinque Ports, but this is not the right time for that pub it seems. We made off to the Wellington instead, and had a couple more in there. Both Mike and Steve mourning the loss of their friend James whose funeral was this week. Mike had come from Holland for it, and was supposed to be home by now but he was delayed a couple of days by fog at Schiphol airport. 

Lorraine and I home within minutes of one another.  

Below me in some Santa gear, in Friston Forest with Brian. 






Comments