Drawing a line

Feeling a bit sluggish but a perfect Monday to do a final bit of billing, and fix a computer problem as my meetings were suddenly no longer showing up in my calendar. Then I was able to decline a meeting for later this week, and drew a line under the freelance year -- not that I have been slogging this year. Still psychologically nice. 

Spoke to Mum and confirmed I was coming up tomorrow. Took all the books from my shelves and moved most of the things in my study into the spare room, in preparation for shelf building tomorrow.

Lorraine and I went mooching about in a few Seaford shops, and popped into Morrisons and loaded up on non-perishables. Dawn was meant to come and hang out with Lorraine in the afternoon, but wasn't feeling well. Everyone still very conscious of not infecting one another post covid.

Otherwise find myself enjoying Sampha's new album Lahai. Deeply emotional, soulful and restrained, with bursts of staccato vocals and rhythms that take a time to adjust to. Really good stuff. I've liked his work for a while, particularly this track

 



Comments