Friday feeling

Woke up very, early and went to my desk -- and got to work. But not before sending an email to Matt about the idea for flute and voice we'd been talking about in Slaithwaite. He sent me an email in the evening -- wishing we could pop out for a beer and a brainstorm. Apparently snow in Yorkshire, which Phoebe revels in. Great to be in touch properly again.

Later in the morning I had a good chat with Valérie, looking chic even when working from home. She was very kind about me, saying they always thought of me as a member of their team. We have worked together often over the years, and it's like checking in with an old friend. Happily chugged on with her brief during the day. Working with Val is always calm and productive.

Nipped out at lunch with Lorraine to do a spot of shopping, dipping into a few shops and buying a stool.  Then I spoke to Mum who was okay, and Mas not too bad. Luckily Mason was happy to stay at home. Then took a call from Gabriel. 

Finished at 4 as I had been working since 7:30 and had sleep for an hour. Woke up with a cheery Friday feeling, after what seemed like a bit of a gruelling couple of weeks.

Off to The Boot with Pat and Maureen. I had Maureen in the wheelchair and zoomed her about a bit to keep her on her toes. We also invited Steve and Patrick and Adele -- who had not properly met before. A cheery couple of hours with lots of chat, Pat and Maureen enjoying themselves. Lorraine left with Pat and Maureen shortly before me, but I left abruptly as Lorraine called needing help.  Patrick's gyroscopes weren't working very well after a couple of beers. But we all got in from the frosty night safely.



Comments