Arranging things on my bookcase

Fewer 'must-dos'. I spent much of the morning happily about the dusty business of placing books in my bookcase, two sides one broadly about philosophy, history, Guernsey, religion and a shelf for my must read pile. The other mainly poetry, with a bit of literary theory and stuff. 

Otherwise a bit of straightening out. Then a brief doze with Lorraine before zooming off to Brighton. A flash of light shopping, and then up to the Batty to meet Anton for a cheeky beer. Lots to catch up on. Anton finally stopped slogging today, and is numbed and tired. Chatting about stuff, a bit light on laughs. Stav's funeral next month and so on. However we soon cheered up, Lorraine drinking her first quarter of a pint in one gulp as usual, just because that is the best taste of all. And we played a three-way game of bones. 

Anton had to leave and cook for Anne, and Lorraine and I took a chance and ate in the Batty. As it is under new ownership, I had a delicious Caribbean chicken curry served with rice and peas. Lorraine's jerk chicken burger wonderful too. 

Then Lorraine and I sloped home on the train. And watched the last episode of The Rings of Power season one, which for all its many faults was visually diverting at times. 

Below... Anton and Lorraine and I playing bones, and beginning to sort out my books...





  

Comments