Getting up again

Lorraine and I off this evening to the Barn to see a film about Dunstan Bruce called I get knocked down, and his experience in the band Chumbawumba and, now that he is older whether any of his activism or art made a difference. Dunstan was there afterwards and we got a chance to ask him a few questions.  As ever, in film, always fun to see areas you know really well on the silver screen, and a pub that Anton and I had drunk in. To be honest, I 'm not that fussed about Chumbawumba, but Dunstan seemed a good bloke and the story of the anarchist group making it big in America with their big hit Tubthumping was interesting, and the film was thoughtful and I'm pleased I saw it. All in all a feather in Adele's cap, having organised the evening.

To The Old Boot Inn briefly afterwards, where we had a quick drink with Adele and Patrick, and Kate and Andrew, Chris (the lovely thoughtful guy who replaced our boiler) and his wife Amanda who had all seen the film.  Mooched home chatting to Kate and Andrew, before cheerfully sloping home.


  




Comments