End of the same old drill

A sweltering day. Up fairly early and excitedly working on my new sequence of seven poems. Then a flying visit to  Strand on the Green this afternoon, working on poems on the way up, and chugging via Clapham through many old haunts. Made it to the Dentist with 15 seconds to spare. As usual, little to be done, but a bit of scraping and polishing. My last ever appointment with Lucinda, who retires in December after looking after my gnashers for 30 years. In a small way an end of an era, and I thanked her for her calmness, and efficiency. I have been very lucky. It makes sense to find a dentist locally if I can. Travelling hours for one is a bit mad, now it will be someone new anyway.

Home and off to Morrisons to buy a few provisions. Lorraine's cooking a chickpea and mushroom curry. Delicious. I think my taste buds are changing. I am genuinely enjoying the food we are eating in the aftermath of the Zoe business. I love being at home.


Comments