Boo to mortgage lenders

Beth and James's move to Seaford has been scuppered for the time being. Their purchaser's mortgage lenders valued Beth and James flat at less than they had agreed. Which is exactly what happened to them with the property in Seaford. Very frustrating for everyone, but Beth and James being fairly  philosophical. It is just not a time to move. 

Struggling to get my interview notes written for my next interview. The book's sources are various and I found myself having to read in lots of directions.  Picking up Speaking of Siva, and Paradiso neither have which have troubled me since the 80s. Brain not working with alacrity.

I popped out for a cup of decaf coffee with Palo who Lorraine and I like lots. Palo paints from her imagination, not from life, and I really liked how she was talking about the magical unpredictability of paint and water. She says this is in reaction to her academic career -- as an expert in public health -- and having to be very formal and organised.

I returned home clutching a cauliflower, which Lorraine worked her magic on later in a delicious and dinner with chickpeas. And we did some work in the garden, emptying a trug with a shovel, moving it then refilling it. Full of strange beetle grubs. 

The aubergines like lightbulbs in the glasshouse. You can see why the Americans call them eggplants, especially the white ones.

Was contacted about some work later in the week, which I agreed to -- but then heard nothing back as standard.

Spoke to Mum, who said she didn't think the photo I had found was my biological father. The reason being because he looked pleasant. 



Comments