A bit of this and that

A bit more thunder last night, but I slept much better. Busy on podcast business this morning, writing to Rachel Boast, a firm no at last, a poet pal I knew in my early days, Mimi, and Pete Reynard whose book Manland I read and enjoyed. Also texting Mark Hartley, Helen Russel, Keith about work and speaking to Mum. Apparently Maureen looking forward to having us stay for a bit, as she can torment me.  

Once up, and steadied, Lorraine doing bits of sorting and packing. She and I went for a walk this afternoon around Preston Park, and got back to find a second hand car door on an awkward pallet outside the house. Had to clear her car of stuff we were going to take to the charity shop, but then couldn't fit it in the boot so had to bring it inside. Sam methodically dismantling the evil pallet afterwards. Lorraine retreating into Star Dew Valley for a bit instead of looking at all the piles of things in the front room. 

In other news, Sue sent Lorraine a bunch of flowers and three wee vases from M&S some time ago. They all arrived smashed. Lorraine then got onto M&S and the package were twice redelivered to a mystery address in Malvern. Finally she got them to redeliver them today, and as we popped the box only to find another shattered vase. The packaging is useless. It has one job... etc.

11 London in touch about an urgent job. I offered them the time I could, but in the give them an inch department they wanted me to work evenings and possibly the weekend, so it had to be a no from me, as we are rapidly getting ourselves ready now. 

More Deep Space Nine tonight. Lorraine and I just letting it wash over us. Otherwise a bitty day, but I felt reasonably calm. Spoke to Mum to finalise my visit tomorrow.


 

Comments