Top hats askew

Just doing up the laces of my Vans shoes this morning, and my back went into spasm. I yelped and swore, a performance Lorraine slept peacefully through. Cats moaning at me to feed them, and I had to use a pair of kitchen tongs to lower Brian's food onto the floor, which Beth and Lorraine laughed at.

Beth off this morning to work in Southend. She is enjoying her events job. With a twinged back I did desk-based stuff, and threw away loads of paper, and created a huge wedge of confidential waste. The job that was supposed to start on Monday seems to have vaporised. 

Bob called me, he is a bit sad as his daughter Millie is heading off to University soon. She is going to Cardiff to study English.

Thinking, I have twinged my back like this lots of times and usually you can walk it off, I loped over to The Batty hunched over like Igor Frankenstein's assistant. Back not good. Anton saying this was the last drink we would have together both being Brighton residents. We popped into The Eddy, which is now pretty much a sports bar. Worse was that Manchester Utd were on and Ronaldo scored a penalty. From there we went to The West Hill and then our destination which was The French Horn, where we had some nice grub. We crossed the road afterwards and popped into The Cow, which had been The Tin Drum when we moved to Brighton. Anton and I probably had our first Brighton beer there. (It was also where I met Lorraine for the first time a few years later).

Back to Anton's house where he lent me a shredder, and we watched concert footage of King Kurt. I must have been drunk as I quite enjoyed it. Stumbled into a taxi with my top hat askew, and zoomed home. All well.

Below Gary 'The Smeg' Clayton from King Kurt 


Comments