A socially distanced circle

Up early and made the last few changes to The Grieving, which is the name of the strange story I have been working on, it is only 4.5k but it took quite a bit of getting right. I'm going to set it aside for a bit now, before I think of unleashing it on the world. Then to Preston Park just down the road, where I met some of my glass friends. We all sat in a big circle near the Rotunda. Adele, Sally, Ben, Rick and Frances, two Kates, Dena, and Jane.  It was all very sociable, but still odd sitting far away from people. I was sitting nearest to Adele, Ben and Frances, and enjoyed chatting to them particularly. Ben has lost lots of weight, being on a steady diet for some time.

There was a cool sea mist today in Brighton, so it was not hot at all. I decided to go for a walk, and ended up mooching off to the Hillfort Again.

Tired however. When Lorraine got home, she had her post school shower and we sat on the bed chatting for a bit, and I fell sound asleep for three-quarters of an hour. Lorraine and I had a curry, this evening. I felt too full afterwards and a bit queasy so we went to bed early.

Below the triangulation point on Hollingbury. And next door's cat looking at me with some disapproval, while I was outside first thing, looking at a print out of my story.


Comments