Campaigns

Started a list of ten tedious things I needed to do, and I did half of them, and then too bored to continue. Spoke to Mum, which was a pleasant diversion for a while, and did some hoovering in the house, then walked down London Road to the pharmacy, where I was the sole customer. The woman, who is older, who was serving me, and I have known by sight for years, just pushed the drugs at me and retreated to the back of the shop.

Began working again on the story late this afternoon, and at around 6:30 I had one of those penny drop moments where I realised that the story I had written wasn't quite the one I had intended, but what I had written was more interesting than I what I had planned. Having felt all day that I had got nowhere fast this week, I felt my persistence was finally rewarded.

A nice Shahi curry this evening, delivered by deliveroo. Played cards with Beth and Lorraine. All good.

Fascinated by JK Rowling getting involved in what has become a very bitter debate around Trans rights. She wrote a long blog post in a very reasonable tone. Having looked into it, and read very forensic refutations of her points, my sympathy is with trans folks on this. Rowling seems to be projecting a her own issues onto trans people. The one person I still know who is trans, a poet acquaintance of mine called Andie, a trans woman, active on facebook seems embattled by it all. As for me I think people should be who they are without having to feel policed or disapproved of by others. It's a thorny, and one people are raging about. Meanwhile the Black Lives Matter campaign, one which I wholeheartedly endorse from the comfort of my armchair, has reached Preston Park in the universal medium of Brighton, graffiti.  
  

Comments