Flowing

A decent morning's work, on the new short story, which is still going well I hope. Writing with a bit more flow now.

Beth nannying today, back with young Tilly. Turns out she did not have coronavirus, but tonsillitis. Beth also saw a flat today which she and the girlfriend she is hoping to flat share with both liked and have applied for.

Other than writing the new story, no news from my pals in Paris. Listening to The Plot Against America by Philip Roth as I took my stroll for an hour and forty mins. There are some frightening resonances with Trump's US. I realised I read another of Roth's books a couple of years ago, called The Anatomy Lesson. Still absolutely loving the short stories of Bruno Schulz -- which  I recommended to Anton today. His writing is extraordinary.

Rushed at by dogs yet again today. Two small dogs yapping and growling at me. I am beginning to feel it is personal.

I cooked this evening, making a chilli with Lorraine's special Persian rice. Although I followed her directions precisely, it did not work properly. Lorraine returning home these days, and showering straight away and changing into her pyjamas and dressing gown. I drank two beers tonight. We watched a cop show, and then to bed early.

Big daisies in a meadow. The worn path on top of the hill fort, and the view from behind the hill fort towards Brighton FCs stadium.




Comments