The Bleak Swedes

Pressed on with the story and also more admin. It's amazing how much admin can snowball in a few weeks. Now almost completely up to date. A text from Pat this morning, and I will probably be popping up to London to work for him and the FB next week on some ailment or other, which should be fun. Also doing stern tidying, and taking off my shelves books I no longer have any interest in. I will create order if it kills me.

Off to see The Girl Who Played with Fire movie in the Duke of York early this evening. Mistakenly sat in the expensive seats, but we were let off as the cinema wasn't full. The Duke of York is great, mainly because it is independent and shows interesting stuff, and you can take in a from the little balcony bar. We sat on a faintly aromatic sofa right at the back of the cinema, sipping a cold gin and tonic as the Swedes got on with their bleak business onscreen. Enjoyable enough, and well cast, but I am not sure how much sense it would have made if we hadn't read the book.

Comments