On reflection

Awake unnecessarily early. Made the best of it by getting on right away with some French work. Writing about spas in Southern France was a refreshing change from blood clots. After, I made chicken and vegetable soup and bought bread and looked blearily at my backlog of correspondence and admin and decided that I wasn't man enough for the job. Apart from a note to Richard and one or two other bits, I did nothing.

Instead I slept peacefully for more than two hours in the afternoon and read the paper. Absolute luxury.

Early evening, I met Matt in The Basketmakers. We made something of a breakthrough in the doubles project and we are now clearer about how it should be staged, we're thinking lots of mirrors and splintered reflections, the instruments to be used etc. Will do it in next year's festival, and we are going to look at venues this weekend. Matt wanting to get home and start writing, which was good to see.

Less worthily, I took myself for a plate of MSG in a Chinese restaurant. Came home and ate a chicken sandwich out of a weird sort of comfort eating.

Sorrowful about how I have got fat again thanks to gluttony, bad health and no time. I am resolved to turn the tide, and take care of myself. I'm starting tomorrow.

Comments