Memento Mori in Mortlake

Off to London to work at Katie's agency again, listening to podcasts and yawning on the train. At least it is light, and sunny. Kate's agency are asking me in without telling her, allowing me to crop up like an embarrassing uncle at a wedding.

At lunch First Matie drove me to Sainsbury's in her car, which she has customised to sound like a small tractor. I hopped out an bought myself some lemon and coriander humus and oatcakes and then went to sit in the cemetery near Kate's agency which was lovely. I love graveyards.

I was asked back for Friday today too, as well as Weds and Thurs, and the extra day will help pay for my poetical visit to Guernsey which I am really excited about.

Home and I watched some football on TV: Germany versus Austria. Footie is so much less stressful when your own team isn't involved, mind you I felt frustrated by the Austrians who couldn't hit a barn door.

Heard from young Matty today, apparently he knows the owners of Corner Cottage, which I visited on Sunday. Lovely place.

In the evening a spot more of work on the interminable presentation. And now the thought of bed is wonderful, especially as I can have something of a lie in tomorrow morning too. Yippee! I don't have to leave home before 11.

Below memento mori at lunchtime.

Comments