All white on the night

Inert. Spent much of the day sleeping, and actually doing things like standing up were a challenge. I managed however to collect my new business cards, which are cool, before crashing out again. However, by the evening had enough energy to go with Lorraine to Simon's 40th birthday party.

First party I've been to for ages which had music. It had a theme of white, so I wore mainly white clothes, and Lorraine wore green because I neglected to mention the dress code to her until the last minute. The dress code was rigidly applied by most of the guests so Lorraine, quite unfairly I thought, brought my big and cleverness into question shortly after our arrival. However this blew over and, sipping champagne, we talked to some friendly, interesting and arty Brightonians, which was just up my street.

We were clumped about outside for warmth, for despite it having been a hot day, the evening was cool and windy. Excellent party however, with loads of nice grub and boozes. There were splendid canapes, borne around by enthusiastic black clad teenagers, and a barbecue and champagne aplenty. One of these young helpers asked me if I wanted a drink. I replied that I would like a lager. She brought me a bottle and asked me if it was lager. Bless.

Moving indoors, Lorraine and I dusted off our boogie shoes and flung ourselves about to a variety of vintage tunes supplied by Simon and his mate Thurstan on the wheels of steel. Mainly groovy disco favourites such as We are family by Sister Sledge, which I for one immensely enjoyed, despite my currently porcine state being hideously magnified by gleaming white. Pranced about singing that I've got all my sisters with me and so on for a while. This punctuated by one excellent moment when young Josh, Simon's 6 year old, requested the Star Wars Theme tune and danced along happily to it.

After a while - and after being asked by a lady dressed as a white rabbit, with a little tail and painted face, if I had a nice carrot - I began to feel rather wan and feeble again, so grabbing Lorraine, I left in good order without embarrassing myself. Which was nice.

Comments