The moth blunders madly into the light

Up with the sparrows. Spent my first four hours concentrated on a PowerPoint presentation, based on the conversations I was having yesterday with the Cat with the Hat.

This delivered, slipped off for a swim, and to collect a package from Amazon. I found myself being kicked by the surging crawlers in the fast lane next to mine. How can this be right?

Talked to mum, who is doing fairly well on her chemotherapy regime. Although certain foods are making her feel a nauseous when she has them. She has also been to the dentist, which she was advised to do before the treatment fully kicks in. I will be going up again next week to hang out with her and Mas.

In the evening went to an excellent poetry reading by Brendan Cleary. See my daywork blog for more on that. I also tried out The Moth Display, in one of the open mic spots. This I did with a slightly mad intensity. The poem sounds rather tortured soul-ish, and was against the grain of the rest of the evening. But still, there was some good applause afterwards, and even a solitary whoop which was nice. There's still some work to be done on it. But I am close to the Audenish point where I must abandon it.

Bought a book from Brendan Cleary. I liked him and his poetry a lot. Got chatting to a few people there too, including to Maria, who is on the South's committee and was reading translations at the Finnish night I went to recently. So, all-in-all, an interesting evening.

Home and chatting to Lorraine on the phone while she chased cats, then a guilty pleasure: watching my amazon-delivered DVD about mighty prog rock legends Yes.

Comments