Tetchy returns

Slightly better night's sleep. Went for a walk before breakfast, low cloud and cool this morning. Felt very emotional and weird, and weak and sick in my stomach. Went back to the hotel for breakfast. The place has few tables, several staff but grew enraged by having to ask for toast and tea three times. Amazing how simply being given tea and toast can turn into a 30 minute endurance test. Quite enjoyed the stay in Les Douvres, although amazing how inept breakfast service can colour your whole experience of a hotel.

The taxi arrived early to take me to the airport. However, arriving an hour early, I discovered the plane would be delayed. Felt cheesed off by this as I wanted to be home, as I was feeling weak and queasy. Eventually after a couple of extra hours another plane was found, to replace the one which had not turned up. They had cunningly hidden the replacement plane on the runway outside the airport all along. It was called A Sprint or maybe a Dash, either way, it spelled props and slower. One woman in particular got absolutely furious with the delay and was raging in a prolonged and exhausting way at everyone she could.

Always very sad to leave Guernsey and see the familiar fields and coast line slipping away underwing.

Arrived in a drizzly Blightly. Swooping low over the Sussex countryside, however, I realised I felt very fond of this too since Anton and I have tramped it, criss-crossing the county.

Home early, and slept a bit in the afternoon and am gradually getting my act together this evening. Nice to be in my own home. It was fart too short a visit to Guernsey - but I did meet lots of people, and had a thoroughly excellent time. Only I felt slightly shortchanged by feeling a bit rough during it.

Below a couple of murky shots on this morning's walk. Rabbits in the top one.




Comments