Matty's birthday

On the early train again this morning off to Mortlake and Katie's agency. Has been fun working with Kate again despite her teasing me, such as a get on with your work email. And No! pencil marks when she was checking my copy. This writerly banter aside, quite a quiet day writing about data storage issues till it was 5:30.

Then and Kate and I zoomed off in her car. I sat on her balcony attending to a cold beer and overlooking the river while Katie transformed into a glamorous thing. Then Matt, whose 32nd birthday it is, appeared, and we all jumped into a cab and headed off to Richmond. Here First Matie had booked a room at the Rock and Rose restaurant, and a splendid party was had with lots of Matty's pals. Very nice place, with friendly, helpful staff. I enjoyed spots of holding forth, and catching up with Craig, who is very happy in his new job.

Learned that Matty with Graeme and Gareth are about to embark on a three men in a boat style adventure down the Thames next week. Silvia gave him a vintage copy of Jerome K Jerome's book too as a present, which was really thoughtful of her.

Then for me a long zoom home, where I ended up watching some late TV, and seeing the Germans beat the Portuguese in the European Cup. You have to doff your green Tyrolean hat to those Germans for always managing to find another gear at crucial times.

Comments