Of time and My Little Pony

Wonderful to be able to wake up at 9:00 and know the Christmas season stretched before me. Christmas, and of course, the pre-Christmas scramble to do all the things that each year I promise myself I would do in November.

Spent hours hunting addresses to send some cards off. The e-revolution has killed snail mail. I can text my friends, I can email them, I can facebook them, I can connect telephaticallly with some of them, but do I have their actual addresses?

Then off to get a haircut, as the sheep thing was happening. He didn't make the top so short so the Area of Concern wasn't gleaming through too much. Lorraine came into the barbers and we walked down the hill to the shops.

I went off in search of a purple My Little Pony and found one in Woolworth's. Then went to a couple of other shops. Depressingly quickly, my sensitive artistic temperament was in tatters - so I had to have a beer, and Lorraine joined me before sneaking off to get hypnotised. Post hypnotising we went to an execrable Thai in Seven Dials called the Little Buddha, where the chefs were strangers to coriander, chili, and lemongrass - and turned the food into a ghastly tasteless gloop. An amazing talent.

Comments

Kate said…
I actually bought myself a moleskine address book over a year ago to address the address problem*. To this date I have 3 addresses in it, one of them being yours. But I haven't bought any Christmas cards so... argh. Bah humbug.

*Not sure getting 'address' intro a sentence 3 times is anything to be proud of.
Peter Kenny said…
that was my favourite part. x