Corn stubble
Podcast editing this morning, but simply count not make myself work at it for longer than ten minutes at a time. Eventually, after a couple of hours, I went out for a walk on the edge of corn stubble fields the other side of Seaford golf course. Maybe my brain has been harvested
Home and generally antsy. I read more of Martha Sprackland's translation of St John of the Cross, to discuss on the podcast. Interesting stuff, and I learned more about the Via Negativa, a term I have been bandying about for decades without full understanding it.
Lorraine had a difficult day after doing Rhymetime. Pat and Maureen needing lots of help. Poor Pat needed lots of cleaning up today, and Maureen saying she needs a bit of respite for a few days, and Lorraine is looking at ways of doing this. Enzo round with them briefly, which was cheering. I started cooking dinner, then stopped halfway and collected Lorraine.
We stopped at Steamworks, where we treated ourselves to a cold lager and a talk before we came home and strapped on the nosebags.
One thing I like about Seaford is that the countryside and the sea are both just short walks away. Corn stubble, and everything else, is golden. Quite a bit of summer cloud. No rain of course.


Comments