A grandpa day

A hot night with poor sleep for both of us. The gulls on the roof hammering, scuffling and screaming raucously at the dawn. And at six thirty I was wide awake. Lorraine's sleep was poor too, and she couldn't get to sleep last night. 

Robin and I uploaded the Will Harris episode of the podcast. A good one I think. Robin's judicious final snips making it all the better. I hope Will likes it.

Otherwise we had Enzo from breakfast time. He is growing his collection of consonants, adding a soft g sound. He is absolutely besotted with Lorraine, of course, but it seemed to be a grandpa day, with the  little lad repeatedly reaching up to me to be held and carried about, bounced on the knee and so on.  Lorraine and I were playing with him in the living room, and I had to pop into the kitchen to take something out of the freezer, and he actually burst into tears when I left. He is usually happy and smiling, but looking into his little tragic face if you don't pick him up immediately is awful. One must comply. On another note, carrying a one year old baby about is good for your core strength.

Mum is still coping well with the heat. She was going to attempt to get into Edgware, but the roadworks have interfered with the buses. There was slightly cooler air later in the day, thankfully. She's been in touch with the Tobster, as have I, and he reached the new world without incident, and he and Romy will be taking a well earned break by a lake soon. I will zoom up to see Mum on Monday. 

As I had to upload the podcast, Lorraine and I just took him to B&Q and Lidl for a bit of shopping. But of course he looks about him pointing at things and taking it all in as everything is novel to a baby. As Beth told us the other day, he seems to have become a little shy of strangers. When a two or three ladies cooed over him in Lidl, he shrank back.

A peaceful evening. Lorraine brought in two new cucumbers from the glasshouse and the tomatoes are just now starting too. All exciting stuff. Here is one of our chillies, which has just turned red.



Comments