Mainly editing
Told Charlotte and SJB and Stephen about my news first thing, to make it even realer. They were happy for me, which was very sweet. Sarah: When's the piss up?!!
This morning I was talking to Lorraine about how decades of being published meant I knew my poems were good, but how on some irrational level I thought there was something about me, my character or who I am, that meant I would never succeed. The thought of perhaps being able to shrug off this shoulder monkey is exhilarating.
Otherwise recording and editing most of the day. Recorded a few more bits with Robin, and sent what I have to her for another no-nonsense edit.
At tea time off with Lorraine to call in at Debbie's house, which I'd never been too. Lovely place, overlooking the sea. Lorraine was sorting a computer problem for Debbie on a Mac. Nobody interested in the fact I use a Mac every day, of course. Debbie showed us the room she does glass work in, overlooking the sea, and said as it was a full moon she was going for a swim with her mates at night like some sort of mermaid.
I went for a walk along the seafront, as I'd been manacled to my desk all day. Although this heat is ominous, there was still something lovely about walking along the seaside on a warm light evening, with people enjoying the beach.
A companionable night in with Lorraine. For a change, we listened to a The Rest is History podcast about Queen Elizabeth I, which was fun.
Comments