Coping through cleaning

Slept fitfully on the sofa last night. Not had enough sleep lately. While we were waiting for news from the Coroner I took to cleaning. I cleaned the floor, and the fridge and the cupboard under the sink and so on. Also hoovered upstairs, and cleaned parts of Mason's study. Mum stripped Mason's bed and put on new bedding for me to use.

Mum of course still struggling to come to terms with what's going on. It's such a change in her life. I'm trying to support her as best I can. I feel waves of sadness for her.  

Mum called by a woman from the coroners who followed up with emails. She sent us a Coroner's Certificate of the Fact of Death, aka an Interim Death Certificate. What you can do with this is was unclear from the letter. The fact he died alone at home, mum having popped out to the shops, means that there will have to be an inquest and a Death Certificate will be issued at some point in the future.

In the evening Mum and I drank more wine and sat by the fire and watched MASH, which she does every night. Speaking to Lorraine from time to time who was a sanity preserver for me.

Kind words from neighbours. 



Comments