On Muesli Mountain

Lorraine and I off to Brighton to call in for lunch with Catherine and Tanya. The familiar climb up muesli mountain to Hanover. Lurked outside the wrong house for a bit, till we remembered what number their new one was. After admiring the new bookcases, where Tanya has finally unpacked her library, a lovely chat with them both. Tanya talking about the free-flowing writing she is doing in the morning, as well as the meditation she does and running her indexing business. Catherine also writing a new professional book as well as online coaching for doctorate students. We went downstairs for lunch, a lovely vegetable curry, and poppadoms and home made chutneys of pineapple, Jerusalem artichoke and a beetroot raita. Admired the framed sheet music for a musichall song called Do Shrimps Make Good Mothers. Catherine told us the story of a novel called The Blood of the Vampire by Frances Marryat -- which has made me want to read it. A lovely afternoon, and Lorraine and I sloped down to the station and went home as the sun was setting. 

Managed to lose my keys on the journey. First time I have lost my keys in decades. Odd. Lorraine and I slugged about cheerfully, in a low energy way, this evening. 



 

Comments