Sunshine and memento mori

A good night's sleep, and much refreshed. Woke up with my lightning tracker going off. It thought it was still in Corfu, and apparently there was thunder there this morning. As soon as I opened the app it realised it was in Ashford. 

I was determined to get on with getting to grips on work for a while. Spent a few hours editing interviews for the podcast, and doing a recording session with Robin. Fun to be chatting again.

A gorgeous day. Lorraine took Maureen out shopping this morning, and in the afternoon out to see an old pal called Wenda. I was working and broke off to hang some washing out on the line, Maureen schooling me on the correct way to peg socks to the line... By their toes is the only acceptable way. Pat still coughing and looking a bit peaky. He had his covid jab a week and a half ago, and tested negative this morning. 

Calliope very clingy despite the fact both cats love Maureen and seem to be enjoying the garden, which is not densely populated with other cats like Brighton is.

Maureen cooked us a curry for lunch, and after I had tidied things away I went for a walk in the Rec, on a beautifully warm autumn day, doing ten thousand paces for the first time in a while. An abundance of acorns in the park, some chestnuts too -- as well as trees full of miniature crab apples in the cemetery. Well-fertilised presumably. I like cemeteries, and this one isn't bad at all. Quite fitting on the eve of my birthday to be lurking alone among all these memento mori.

A chat with a gloomy and still-hobbling Anton as I walked, and then returned home. Lorraine back just before me, having had a great time meeting her old friend. A quiet evening, lurking about indoors. We even got to see a couple of episodes of Deep Space 9 before bed.

Two views of the dead centre of Willesborough. 






Comments