Farewell to Greece

Up early in Kalami bay, in time to watch the sun creep over the Albanian mountains as we ate a small breakfast in the cool of the morning and then sauntered outside to be picked up and transferred to the airport. The eastern costal strip of Corfu quite built up, but still very appealing. To the airport in good time, and shuffled through security and into a waiting hall. I realised my specs case which had been in an outside pocket had gone missing. Probably in the taxi, where everything was stowed in the boot. I returned to security and asked if they had noticed a pair, but met with an infuriating woman who, speaking to me as if I were an idiot, demanded where I had lost them. In your hotel? In the taxi? In the airport? Perhaps the word lost was lost in translation. They were not at the security gate however.

I felt very stressed this morning, and so about an hour before takeoff took a diazepam, which did the trick and I felt able to cope.  An EasyJet flight home, unfortunately. Herded in like cattle and I crammed into the last row, seat 40a -- with almost no room, and a quarter of a window to look out of. The flight itself not turbulent or horrific, but the seating properly uncomfortable and the staff borderline rude.

Happy to get out of the plane and into Gatwick airport. A beautifully sunny English day, and arriving early afternoon is a good time to get home. Drove off to Ashford, and happy to see Pat and Maureen -- and the cats all fine too. Called Mum and went to bed early. I was dog tired, and Lorraine not much better. 

The view from our balcony this morning.



Comments