Anton arrives

Saturday. Glorious not to have to work. Obviously earning money is admirable and manly, but having to sit manacled to my precariously balanced desk all week instead of doing new house stuff, and roaming about in the new town was a bit trying. This morning, loved having the time to feel waves of excitement surging through me just being in my home and garden.  

Lorraine and I had a happy mooch off to the shops.We looked at wardrobes and other bits in a deceptively large furniture shop nearby VR Flowers and Sons, as well as popping into the Seaford Home hardware and -- inevitably -- into Morrisons for some provisions. 

At a little before two I sauntered back to Seaford Station to meet Anton, now sporting only the one crutch after his knee operation, and looking forward to ditching it completely soon. Seemed ages since we saw each other. He too had been a bit peaky this week, but had rallied magnificently to come here.  Walked him to the new home, narrowly avoiding an evil white dog, and showed him about. He appeared to like the place lots and gave me a late birthday present an excellent but evil little Japanese knife and a copy of Don Quixote, which I am looking forward to tackling and a housewarming bottle of champagne and some chocolates.  

We three sat in the garden, eating nibbles and drinking a cold beer as it was as warm as a summer's day today.  After a bit, Anton and I made off to sample the local pubs for a couple of hours. Went to the pub in the station, which is called Steamworks,  and then off to one called The Boot, where we got talking to a older man called Tom, whose wife was Polish. Nice man, to whom Anton spoke quite a bit. I had a decent pint of Harvey's Old Ale there too. Next to the Wellington, for a drink, before walking home, where Lorraine had cooked us a delicious chicken curry. I walked Anton off to the station, pausing only to drink yet another half in Steamworks with him, before he simply sauntered through the door onto his train. 

I returned home, and Lorraine and I watched a little TV till she woke me up and told me it was time to go to bed. 

Calliope and Brian, both pretty relaxed now, seem to be pleased with the new garden.










Comments