Cleaning windows

Up and if not actually working, certainly shifting things about on my desk, writing lists of the kind of thing I would be doing if I were in the mood for working, and sending a couple of urgent emails. Lorraine working on her application for a new role, and Dawn popped by this morning to bounce ideas off her.

I rapidly lost the will to work, so instead, I got a bit George Formbyish having noticed how unbelievably unbelievably grimy our front room windows were after removing the ghastly Venetian Blinds, I simply washed them, and the few dozen spiders who had made them their home.

In the evening Betty and I bused off to The Temple Bar where we met Anton and Anne, and were later joined by Lorraine, who had been doing pilates. Nice pub with tasty Indian street food served to your table, not much to dislike there. Nice to chat to Anne who I'd not spoken to for a while - including a discussion about The Railway Children, which had traumatised Anton as a child. Raining steadily tonight. Where has the summer gone?


Comments