Breezing on a hot day

A large breakfast this morning, with bacon and eggs, chewy brown bread and other fixin's eaten by Toby, Lorraine, Betty and John. Cheery morning, lurking about before Beth and John left. The Tobster liked the likeable John. Toby, Lorraine and I walked into town, swelteringly hot for blighty, but luckily mitigated by a sea breeze. A Thai festival in Preston Park, drummy Thai music drifting across the park, and Singha beer flags a'fluttering enticingly, and stalls groaning with tie die clothing. (OK I made that last one up.)

Into the Laines and began mooching in shops. I broke off for fifteen minutes as we passed my barbers and they were uncharacteristically empty. The guy cutting my hair began quizzing me on the Canadian economy, when I told him Toby was over, my answers were few. Caught up with Lorraine and Tobs still lurking in the sort of shops that make a chap's Y chromosome ache. Then a leisurely iced coffee where I joined the ravenous Toby in a flapjack. Nice just to sit about. This followed by a soothing mooch in Waterstones, then leaving Lorraine to the joys of Boots, Toby and walked up the Twittens, past my old house to The Battle of Trafalgar where Anton had just arrived. We settled into a happy time in the heat of the beer garden - soon joined by Lorraine - drinking beer and shooting a good deal of breeze and eating some pretty decent Batty burgers. Toby and Anton comparing notes on Chicago.

All good things have to come to an end. Toby continuing with the munchies meant we scored a pizza from the van  (complete with its own wood-fired oven) that stands in forecourt of Brighton Station. The guys that were running it were from Napoli and the pizza was damn fine, and it was soon filling a cab with pleasant aromas. Rounded a happy day off on the sofa eating pizza and watching bit of soporific football.

Below Toby and Anton drinking beers and sporting Ray Ban eyewear.



Comments