Emails from Mars

Feeling wussy again today after dreaming about death. Did dreary things: bought 100 envelopes, tidied my study for two hours, paid and filed bills, chased outstanding payments, and discovered a small cheque. Spent the evening trying to teach myself how to use Corel Draw. Slow progress.

Thank god for email... Heard from Katie who has been writing her own things, which I am pleased to learn. Also Jane from a damp Guernsey. She has bought a Lumix camera like mine, and now is trying to work out how to use it. She sent a timely Swine Flu children's poem. An excerpt:

My brother’s caught the swine flu,
he’s looking rather pale,
he’s lying in bed grunting
and he’s grown a curly tail.

But he’s making funny noises now,
his temperature is high,
he’s gone all red and blotchy
and I’m worried he might die.

His forehead’s hot and sweaty
he’s got bristles on his chin
and every time he wheezes
he makes an awful din...

Below I got an email from Nev who attached this photo of Manly Beach in Australia, when the red dust from the outback turned up one morning. I remember people saying that it made the place look like Mars. They were right. And a picture of mine about a red bird I scanned in today.

Comments