Anna's birthday

Woke up feeling rough this morning. Aching and tired. However I had another excellent morning's writing. I seem to be on a roll.

Off in the afternoon to buy a smell-based present for Anna, and browse in Borders which is in receivership and closing down. There is something disturbing about a bookshop closing down, especially one that actually sells proper books, and not just ghost written crap about celebs. I joined the vultures flapping about the place, most books were 20% off, but I came away empty-beaked.

A day of birthdays today. Anna, Reuben and the French Bloke. Texted happy birthday to the other two, and went out with Anton and Anna this evening to The Sussex Yeomen, a mere 30 seconds walk from my door, which was uncharacteristically crammed with the dregs of an office party that had started there at lunch time. Hadn't been out with Anna for ages, and it was great to catch up. Smell-based present went down well. Anton and I had some moules in a wonderful liquor, with a hint of chili. Anna felt suddenly ill at 10 however, and the evening was drawn to a swift end.

Sadly Lorraine had a bad flu today, and so didn't come out. Was rather worried about her. She is not a hypochondraic like me, so felt very sorry for her.

Comments